NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sponsored by Danone US, LLC and administered by ICF Next, Inc. Begins 6/22/21; ends 7/22/21. 5 Prizes total, each prize: $12,099. Value of all prizes: $60,495. Must be legal resident 50 US or DC, 18+. Void where prohibited. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER, INC. See full rules at SilkTeamProtein.com
This Silk Team Protein Initiative (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Danone, US, LLC, 12002 Airport Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 and administered by ICF Next, Inc., 420 N 5th St. Fl. 10, Minneapolis, MN 55401 and Marketing Resources, Inc., 1144 Lake St. Suite 301, Oak Park, IL 60301 ("Administrators"). The Promotion entry period begins at 12:01 AM ET on 6/22/21 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 7/22/21. Five (5) Contest Winners will each receive a $10,000 donation, 100 Silk Beverage coupons ($599), and 1 Q&A session with Carl Lewis. Must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the 50 United States (including DC). Employees of the Sponsor, Administrators, any of their subsidiaries or affiliate companies, or their advertising, marketing or promotional agencies and their family members are not eligible to participate. Any local state, provincial, or other government agency, their officials, or employees are not eligible to participate. A purchase of any kind will not improve one’s chance of winning. This Promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Click Here for Official Rules, including how to nominate, prize details and restrictions.
Silk Team Protein Contest Rules
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND DISCLAIMER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. EACH PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES TO WIN WILL NOT IMPROVE BY A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND. ENTRY IN THE SILK TEAM PROTEIN CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE PERSONSUBMITTING THE ENTRY. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT PARTICIPANTS WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST BE RESOLVED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- SILK TEAM PROTEIN CONTEST (“CONTEST”) SUMMARY. Silk and Carl Lewis are passing the torch to the next generation of athletes by giving five Historically Black Colleges and Universities’ (“HBCU(s)”) track and field programs a chance to receive a $10,000 Silk Team Protein donation designed to nourish top talent, on and off the field. Participating in the Contest is contingent upon Participant fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules (“Rules”).
- BINDING AGREEMENT. Each person (each a “Participant” or “you”) who submits an Entry during the below Contest Period is entering into the Contest, which is governed by these Rules. Each Participant should read these Rules before submitting the entry form to ensure Participants understand and agree. You are not eligible to participate in this Contest unless you agree to these Rules. Winners (as defined below) are not eligible to receive a Prize (as defined below) unless they abide by and agree to these Rules.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR. This Contest is sponsored by Danone US, LLC, 12002 Airport Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 (“Sponsor”) and administered by ICF Next, Inc., 420 N. 5th St. Fl. 10, Minneapolis MN 55401 and Marketing Resources, Inc., 1144 Lake St. Suite 301, Oak Park, IL 60301 (“Administrators”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or any other Social Media Site utilized by the Contest.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on June 22, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on July 22, 2021 ("Contest Period"). The Sponsor's clock shall be the official device for both the Entry (as defined below) and the Contest. PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTION.
- ELIGIBILITY – WHO MAY PARTICIPATE. The Contest is open only to individuals who at the time of entry (a) are legal residents of and domiciled in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (b) who are at least the age of a majority in their state of residence (this is eighteen (18) years old in most states and nineteen (19) years old in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to participate: (i) employees of the Sponsor, any of their subsidiaries or affiliate companies, or their advertising, marketing or promotional agencies; (ii) family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children and in-laws) of any individual referred to in clause (i); (iii) persons living in the same household (whether or not related) with any person referred to in clause (i) or (ii) above; and (iv) commercial enterprises and business entities
Eligible employees of an HBCU who enter the Contest will be deemed to have entered as employees of their HBCU. Thus, these rules are binding upon both you as an employee of your HBCU, and your respective HBCU. Therefore, by entering into the Contest, you represent and warrant that your HBCU has full knowledge of your actions and has consented to your entry, including the potential receipt of the Prize (as defined below), and that your participation in the Contest does not violate any HBCU or other applicable policies with which you and the HBCU are required to comply. The [Releases] (as defined in Section 18 below) hereby disclaim any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this Contest.
This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void (a) outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and (b) where prohibited by law. Any local, state, provincial or other government agency or any officials or employees thereof are not eligible to participate.
Nominated HBCUs must be designated as such by the U.S. Department of Education and must have a track and field program as of the first day of the Contest Period.
- (“PRIZE(S)”). Five eligible (5) HBCUs (“Winners”) will each receive one (1) $10,000 USD donation for their track and field program; one (1) Q&A session with Carl Lewis valued at $1,500 USD; and one hundred (100) coupons valid for any one (1) Silk beverage up to $5.99 USD in retail value per coupon at the time of purchase. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each coupon is $5.99 USD. The coupons can be redeemed at any retailer where Silk beverages are sold. Coupons expire on February 28, 2022. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $12,099 USD. The total ARV of all Prizes is up to $60,495 USD.
- WHAT STEPS ARE NEEDED TO ENTER AND WIN; NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
There is one way to participate in this Contest:
STEP 1: Visit SilkTeamProtein.com
STEP 2: Share the name of the HBCU you’re nominating. Nominated HBCUs must be designated as by the Department of Education as such and must have a track and field program as of the first day of the Contest Period.
STEP 3: Within 500 words or less, share why the specific HBCU should receive a Silk Team Protein donation.
STEP 4: Enter your first name, last name, email address and date of birth. (“Entry”)
Entries must be submitted during the Contest Period to be eligible.
Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Rules will result in disqualification.
All required information must be included for the Entry to be eligible. Participants will be required to confirm that they have reviewed and agreed to the Official Rules as a condition of entering the Contest.
Limit one Entry per person per Contest Period. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submitting an Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrators. Mechanically reproduced Entries will not be accepted.
- ENTRY DEADLINE. All Entries must be received on or before the end of the Contest Period in order to be eligible to win a Prize.
- SELECTION OF CONTEST WINNERS, JUDGING CRITERIA AND NOTIFICATION.
- In order to select a winner, entrees will be judged by a third-party, qualified panel of judges selected by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. After the Contest Period, the Participants’ Entries are reviewed and voted on by the judges. The fifteen (15) finalist receiving the most votes, at the sole discretion of the judging panel, based on the following Judging Criteria will be selected to participate in the final round.
- Judging Criteria:
- Number of nominations the HBCU has received in comparison to others nominated through Entries (25%)
- Why the HBCU should receive a Silk Team Protein donation(75%) (e.g., has gone above and beyond for students, has made an impact on the community, etc..)
- An Administrator will contact Winners via a school email addresses. HBCUs should keep an eye on their incoming messages and make sure they reply within 72 hours to the message sent by the Administrator.
- Potential Winners will be required to provide a mailing address, and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and a properly executed IRS Form W-9 within fourteen (14) calendar days of notification by the Administrators.
- The Prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to another eligible HBCU who is selected per the Judging Criteria above if (i) any Prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, (ii) the Administrator is unable to contact a potential Winner within 72 hours of the first attempt to contact the HBCU(iii) a potential Winner is determined by Sponsor and/or Administrators, in its sole discretion, to be ineligible, (iv) a potential Winner declines the Prize, (v) a potential Winner is otherwise not in compliance with these Rules or (vi) a potential Winner fails to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release and/or a properly executed IRS Form W-9 within the time specified above.
- In the event that no responses or Entries are received, no Prizes will be awarded.
- The Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately four (8) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. The Sponsor and Administrators are not responsible for any delay in awarding any Prize.
- DETERMINATIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATORS ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS. Each Participant must ensure that:
- The Entry:
- does not infringe any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violate applicable laws
- does not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, email address, and other Personal Data
- does not contain the likeness of anyone who is or who appears to be under the age of 13 or anyone other than the Participant, unless the Participant has his or her (or parent's or legal guardian's) permission to do so for this Contest. The Participant must have permission from all recognizable people who appear in the Entry regardless of their ages. If requested, the Participant must be able to provide proof of such permission in a format acceptable to the Sponsor and/or Administrator.
- does not include material that violates another’s rights (living or deceased), including but not limited to privacy or publicity
- does not disparage the Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest
- does not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous or other objectionable material.
- does not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- does not contain any references to alcohol, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any description or representation thereof.
- does not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Entry is created.
- has not been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- Participant warrants and represents that:
- the Entry is the Participant’s own, wholly original work, and is the Participant’s own creation and the Participant warrants that he/she has secured all necessary rights relating to its use and the use of the content in the Entry.
- the Entry verbal or written content (if any) is in English.
- the Participant has obtained any and all permissions, if any are required, prior to entry and that Participant may legally grant all permissions contained within these Rules to Sponsor.
- where the Entry is uploaded by a minor or includes a minor, the Participant: a) warrants that Participant is the parent/legal guardian of such minor and as such granted his/her permission for said minor to participate in the Contest and permits the use of such minor’s name, likeness, biography, actions and contributions in the event that any Entry is submitted by or includes or references any person deemed and b) assumes all legal responsibilities under these Rules of any person deemed.
- the Participant has the requisite title, license, rights, consent, written permission and/or authority to grant the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective affiliates permissive use any person’s name, likeness, biography, actions and contributions Participant submits as part of their Entry as delineated in Section 11 of these Rules.
- the Participant has the requisite title, license, and/or authority to grant the Sponsor, Administrator and its affiliates permissive use of said intellectual property as delineated in Section 11 of these Rules where the Entry contains an owner or licensor’s intellectual property.
Sponsor will consider only one (1) Entry from each Participant. Any attempt by any Participant to have a Winner receive more than the stated number of Prizes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, as determined by the Administrator or Sponsor in its sole discretion, may void all of that Participant’s Entry and that Participant may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor's other promotions. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the Participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email account by the entity responsible for doing so. Each Participant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT, PERSON, OR ENTITY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- The Entry:
- PERMISSIVE USE. You grant the Sponsor, Administrators and any related affiliates or agents unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, and royalty-free right, license, privilege, and permission to record, copy, adapt, film, capture, use, license, transmit, broadcast, exhibit, project, publish, circulate, display, or otherwise exploit, any and all renderings of the Participant’s Entry, name (including any and all nicknames, related names, and aliases), characters, biographies, artist's portrayal of characters, voice, image, likeness, visual representations, any and all attributes of the Participant’s personality, and/or any and all of the Participant’s acts, poses, actions, and appearances (collectively, "Name and Likeness"), and any ancillary use or derivative works on or in connection with any film, audio tape, video tape, audio-visual work, sound recordings, photograph, illustration, animation, broadcast, any derivative works or versions thereof in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world the way Sponsor or Administrators deem fit without any consideration or prior notice. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. By submitting the Entry, you agree to communicate for the purpose of the Contest with the Sponsor and/or Administrator electronically.Through your Entry submission, you (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature and (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid email address enabling you access to information pertaining to the Contest and to receive communications and documents electronically. Your consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it in writing to SilkPR@ICFNext.com.
- TAXES. ALL TAXES, FEES, DUTIES, SURCHARGES, IF ANY, IMPOSED ON ANY CONTEST PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Each Winner is solely responsible for ensuring that it complies with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a Winner fails to comply with such laws, the Prizes may be forfeited and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential Winner.
- PRIVACY. Participant acknowledges that they have read and accepted ICF Next’s privacy statement and the terms and conditions outlined here. Participants agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, email address, age, location, photo submission, and written submission ("Personal Data") may be:
- collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by the Sponsor and/or Administrators, or any party authorized by them for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest or the Prizes, including Sponsor affiliates.
- used to fulfill additional terms of the Contest or to contact a Participant in response to any question submitted by such Participant.
- shared by the Sponsor or any party authorized to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on Sponsor, and to protect and defend Sponsor's rights or property.
- The data processor is ICF Next and Marketing Resources as the Administrators and the data controller is ICF Next and data recipients are ICF Next, Marketing Resources and Danone US.
- Participants have a right of access, modification and withdrawal of their Personal Data. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth in these Rules. We will send you a confirmation notice once we have processed your change request.
- Participants also have a right of opposition to the data collection, under circumstances. To exercise such rights, Participants may send a request to:
ICF Next ATTN Taylor Higgins 420 N 5th St. Minneapolis, MN 55401 or by email at: SilkPR@ICFNext.com
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY, OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Entry or Contest or any portion of either is not capable of running as planned due to technical or administrative problems, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the Sponsor's or Administrators’ reasonable control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any portion of either.
- NO WARRANTY. THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATORS, AND ANY RELATED AFFILIATES MAKE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER RELATIVE TO THE QUALITY, CONDITIONS, FITNESS, OR MERCHANTABILITY OF ANY ASPECTS OF THE PRIZES. No transfer, substitutions or cash equivalent for Prizes will be allowed, except at the Sponsor's and/or Administrators’ sole discretion. The Sponsor and/or Administrators reserve the right to substitute Contest Prizes, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if Contest Prizes cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATORS FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR ANY RELATED AFFILIATES, CLIENTS, PERSONNEL, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, OR PRINCIPALS (PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS OR HOLDERS OF AN OWNERSHIP INTEREST, AS THE CASE MAY BE) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE ENTRY, THE CONTEST PRIZES OR USE OF A CONTEST PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATORS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The Sponsor and/or Administrators are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, late, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network; or (iv) any technical, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or intervention, error, omission, interruption, detection, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site or otherwise whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Sponsor and/or Administrators reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any application not in compliance with these Rules.
Participants agree that the Sponsor and/or Administrators shall have no liability for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential Contest Winner, or for any injuries, losses, or damages by reason of the Participant's participation in the Contest.
- INDEMNITY AND RELEASE. By accepting a Prize, the Winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrators and any related affiliates, clients, personnel, directors, officers, agents, or principals (partners, shareholders or holders of an ownership interest) from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use of a Prize or participation in Prize-related activities, and they shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in or winning the Contest.
- IN CASE OF DISPUTES. The Sponsor and/or Administrators will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Rules, and the Sponsor's and/or Administrators’ decisions shall be final. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these rules, which shall remain in full force and effect. The Sponsor and/or Administrators’ reserve the right to modify or terminate the Contest or to make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Sponsor and/or Administrators deem appropriate.
- FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES. If there is any conflict between any promotional material and these Rules, the provisions of these Rules shall prevail. The resolution of any dispute shall be within Sponsor and/or Administrators’ sole discretion. As a condition of entering this Contest, except as prohibited by law, you agree that: (a) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees or court costs. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of this Contest or the applicable Rules shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia in each case located in the city of Fairfax and County of Fairfax, and the Participant(s), Sponsor and Administrators irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding and waives any objection based on improper venue or forum non conveniens.
- WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. THE PARTICIPANT(S), SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATORS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTROVERSY THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE RULES OR THIS CONTEST IS LIKELY TO INVOLVE COMPLICATED AND DIFFICULT ISSUES AND, THEREFORE, THE PARTICIPANT(S), SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THEY MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LEGAL ACTION, PROCEEDING, CAUSE OF ACTION OR COUNTERCLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE RULES OR THIS CONTEST.
- CONTACT AND WINNER LIST. For the names of the winners, available upon completion of winner confirmation, visit SilkTeamProtein.com.
Any queries shall be sent by mail to Sponsor at:
ICF Next ATTN Taylor Higgins 420 N 5th St. Minneapolis, MN 55401
Or by email at: SilkPR@ICFNext.com.
© 2021 ICF Next, Inc., All rights reserved.